dissabte, 5 de març del 2011

White week.

This year we had one week holidays in february. My little sister and I decided to make use of these days and travel abroad for have a rest of the last hard weeks in school. We wanted to visit our family that lives in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. So we booked our flight some weeks ago.

The day of our little travel arrived and we flew from Girona to Frankfurt Hahn, which is a city near Frankfurt am Main. My sister decided to visit her friend before, who lives in Düsseldorf, so she took a bus in destination of that city and I took the one which drove to Franfurt am Main. It
was a little nit scary because it was the first time that I went there and in some moments I felt a little bit lost. Also I was worried about my little sister, who also travelled for her first time alone. But everything went alright!

I passed some very beautiful days in Frankfurt, I think it's a very beautiful city.
My cousin showed me some nice places of the city, so we did a little bit of sightseeing. Then also we went shopping in a very big shopping center and also in some little shops in little streets. One thing I really like of this city is that there are a lot of little cafès in the streets which have an original look and were very cute and homely equipped. There were a lot arranged in the 70s and 80s style.

Some days later, my sister arrived from Düsseldorf, so we did another sightseeing tour to show her a little bit from the city. And of course we went shopping another time!
Also we went in a museum of modern art where different artists showed their works. There was a section of photographies which I liked a lot, but other parts of the exposition I found them boring because I think that modern art is very simple and because some works are difficult to understand.

The next day we went to visit the Goethe University, which is a very big and beautiful university in Frankfurt. My cousin and I were very interested in it because we two are going to study the next year. I found the university very beautiful, it was very clean and well-kept, and the campus is wonderful!


So we stayed five days in Germany and they passed very fast. My sister and I did not want to return and if we could we have stayed five days more. We are looking forward to travel another time to Frankfurt as soon as possible.

3 comentaris:

  1. L'autor ha eliminat aquest comentari.

    ResponElimina
  2. I think it's a good idea go to travel in the white week because we have exams during the last weeks in the school and pass a few days away home with the family for example and visit different places, and go to visited a friend of there that you can't see often. I have never been in Frankfurt but I think with the photos that it's a really beautiful city. When I have the opportunity to travel single or with friends it's a possibility go to there, it will be an interesting travel. I will go to visited the city and different places like museums. Kim, will you be my guide? You can say me the places more important of Frankfurt for visit and a good hotel for stayed a few days:)

    ResponElimina
  3. Hi kim! As you know I've seen photos on facebook and I know you enjoyed a lot. You have travelled a lot of times, what a good luck! I would like to go to New York too, it is my first dream. But now, in relation to your trip to Frankfurt, I think that it is a very good destination, because its not too tipical and there are a lot of thinks to visit, like the cathedral. As I said to you, I studied it in Art History and when I saw its photo I thought that I would like to visit it too. I hope that you explained me your trip someday! See you tomorrow, kisses!

    ResponElimina